- Created by: Salman
- Created on: 14-03-13 19:15
- quantitative measure of the degree of disorder in a system.
All substances have some degree of disorder because the particles are always in constant motion thus S is always positive
A better description of entropy might be "the dispersal of energy"
- Nature seems to move from Order to disorder in isolated systems.
for example Gas molecules spread out over time to fill a space, increasing their entropy over time.
Entropy helps us to explain things that happen naturally:
- a gas spreading through a room
- heat from a fire spreading through a room