Culture Gurus: Schein and Handy.
What is Organisational Culture?
It is the self-sustaining patterns of behaving, feeling, thinking, and believing - that determines "how we do things around here."
- Self-sustaining: because culture has inertia (resistence to change) - without a really strong and persistent force, it won't change course.
- Pattterns: because it is ingrained, repetitive elememnts that make up culture.
- Feeling, thinking and believing because both the emotional as well as the rational side matter.
- Behaving: because what people feel, think, and believe is reflected in - and shaped by- their daily lives.
The two culture gurus include:
- Ed Schein
- Charles Handy
Ed Schien developed the Schein's Culture Triangle:
- Artifacts represent symbols such as logos and prospectos for example a BSS, these are seen…