A Jet Ring Sent
A black gemstone, fashionable love token, symbolises 2 lovers together. Representing love, romance, dedication and commitment.
- 'thou art not so black as my heart' majority monosyllabic, suggesting intamicy and connection through the ring.
- 'Nor half so brittle' suggesting the love is changeable and not yet secure.
- 'What would'st thou say?' rhetorical question addressing the ring.
- 'Nothing more endless, nothing sooner broke' representing his love. By personifying the ring dramtises conversation.
- 'Marriage rings are not of this stuff' suggesting that if the ring is not made of out gold then it is…