· Scrooge's business partner that died 7 years ago.
· He tells Scrooge that he constantly wanders and has no peace, and he is remorseful for all the wasted opportunities.
· He is a device to move the plot forward
· He warns Scrooge that he will be visited by three ghosts which means that Scrooge is aware and accepts them more easily
· Shows Scrooge what could happen
· Represents all rich people
· He exists as a cautionary tale for Scrooge. His ghost is there to warn Scrooge what might happen to him if he doesn't change his miserly ways.
· Only spirit who cares about Scrooge and doesn't want him to have to…