- Globally women get eless education than men.
Rate of return is higher for education of women
- if women don't have the opportunity of education social returns are significantly lower.
- linked to effective family planning and lower fertility rates > education in this area, plus women staying in education longer get married later, and have fewer children because they have a more stable income > don't need to have children for financial security.
- MDG3 making good progress: education is free in most developing countries but the quality is poor.
- Gaps are bigger in rural areas e.g. Pakistan only 17% females complete primary education while…