- Created by: Hannah
- Created on: 13-12-12 19:52
- Chemical bond- electrical attraction between atoms/ions.
- Breaking bonds- overcome attractive forces (between nucleus & electrons) , break completely means taht in theory to seperate the atoms/ions til they are infinate distance apart
- Breaking-Endothermic (takes in energy) (+∆H)
- Making-Exothermic (gives out energy) (-∆H)
- If more energy given out in bond making than taken in in bond breaking, then the reaction is exothermic. & vice versa
- Repulsive Forces occur between nucleus of atoms- increase as they approach each other…