- Created by: kpaul1234
- Created on: 10-05-21 08:28
- Describe How Chemical groupings determine the structures of macromolecules.
- Groups of atoms called functional groups occur in biological molecules.
- Each functional group has specific chemical properties and when it attaches to a larger molecule it confers the properties onto the larger molecules.
Describe How The structures of macromolecules reflect their functions
- The four kinds of biological macromolecules are present in roughly the same proportions in all living organisms.
- Each biological macromolecule performs one or more functions.
- The sequence and chemical properties of the chain of monomers in a macromolecule determine its 3-D shape and function
How Do Monomers of proteins link together to make the macromolecule
- Each amino acid has both a carboxyl function group and an amino functional group attached to the same…