- Created by: Billie2503
- Created on: 14-01-20 20:20
- 1st stage of protein synthesis
- a mRNA copy of a gene is made in the nucleus...
1. RNA polymerase attaches to the DNA, the hydrogen bonds inbetween the 2 strands break, separating them, one strand is used as a template
2. Complementary mRNA is formed by RNA polymerase lining up free RNA nucleotides by complimentary base pairing. They are then joined by RNA polymerase.
3. RNA polymerase moves down the DNA strand and the 2 DNA strands recoil back into a double helix.
4. The mRNA leaves…