- Created by: YellowYeti
- Created on: 07-05-13 19:45
- 1880's: India first develops an independence movement.
- Early 1900s: nationalist movements grew: The Hindu dominated Indian National Congress and the Muslim League pushed for independence.
- 1935: Government of India Act gave greater independence to India in domestic affairs, and gave Hindus greater representation in government. India was promised a dominion status.
- 1930: Gandhi, leader of the Congress Party wanted more so initiated a campaign of civil disobediance to force concessions (Salt March).
- 1945: WW2 increased tensions between Britain and India, nationalist leaders were locked up for trying to undermine war effort and starting the 'Quit India'…