- Created by: Oliviafurniss17
- Created on: 21-04-21 14:50
- 1903 Eric Arthur Blair india-under brit colonial rule
- came to eng-not wealthy-formative years less than satisfactory
- attended eton college-came into contact with socilaist and liberal ideas=where inital political views formed
- dissaproved of his 1917 oublic school education
- 1922 joined indian imperial police in Burma
- hated experimnce and dislike brit imperialsim=became socilaist and anti imperialist
- 'THIS INCREASED MY NATURAL HATRE FOR AUTHORITY'
- 'MADE ME AWARE OF EXISTSING WORKING CLASS'
DOWN AND OUT IN PARIS AND LONDON
- 1927 lived london=made conscious effort to get to know poor of east london
- 1928=moved to working class district of Paris
- worked as a porter in hotel
- became friends with left wing publisher victor Gollancz-1933 published 'down and out in paris and london'
- 1936-38=aware of SOVIET UNION AND GREAT PURGES WIDESPREAD REPRESSION ETC
1936 MOVED TO SPAIN
- TO SUPPORT POPULAR FRONT -against the facists
- recorded experince 'homage to catalonia'-fisrt hand account of war and revolution
- whislt fighting became…