- Improving the quantity and production rate of antibiotics.
- Producing hormones such as insulin in a safer way. Insulin is needed by over 2 million diabetics each day. Also used for human growth hormone.
- Enzymes used to tender meat are produced by GM bacteria.
- Genes are often inserted into vegetables such as tomatoes to make them grow faster and soften slower.
- They can also make plants pesticide, herbicide and disease resistant.
- There is now also the possibility that they can be introduced into plants in order to make them produce plastics.
- Genes can be inserted from disease resistant animals into non-resistant animals.
- Growth hormones can be inserted into…