- Created by: jkav
- Created on: 06-05-14 21:20
- Christianity teaches that the sexual act must take place exclusively within marriage. In genesis 2:24 men and women are told to 'become one flesh'. Outside of marriage sexual activity always constitutes a grave sin.
- St paul remained unmarried and appears to have thought that the ideal was for everyone to be celibate. This might have been because he believed people should not be diverted away from following Jesus.
- Some scholars have suggested that paul thought that Jesus' return
- The second coming or parousia - would happen very soon and that people should stay celibate…