Heath can be lost and gained from/too the environment via:
- Conduction: This is where particles vibrate against each other, and pass kinetic energy between them.
- Convection: This happens in liquids and gasses and is where the heat causes the object to move, and therefore take the heat with it.
- Radiation: Electromagnetic waves hit a particle, causing it to heat up.
Endotherms: Organisms that mainly produce heat from within themselves through metabolic reactions.
The example I am using is a lizard:
- Lying on a warm rock in order to gain heat through conduction.
- Lying in direct sunlight.
- Metabolic reactions.
- In cooler countries, they have darker skin in…