- The balafons play short patterns that fall from high to low.
- It is in the key of G flat major.
- During the choruses, the group sings together, and much like the balafons, sings short falling phrases to emphasise the G flat and D flat notes.
1 of 5
- Intro - balafon solo
- Main Section - Drums and call and response
- Coda- Short phrase for balafon
2 of 5
- Talking drum
3 of 5
Rhythm, Metre and Tempo
- Main metre is 4/4
- Syncopation is used frequently
- Triplets are used by the vocal soloist.
- Cross rhythms
4 of 5
Texture and Dynamics
- Intro has a monophonic texture.
- The rest has a layered texture and there is very little variety in dynamics.
5 of 5
Similar Music resources: