- Created by: DarceyFynn
- Created on: 05-05-16 18:50
- Dominant and strong willed - requests a whip as a present
- Tuns everything about her
- Desire for power explaining why she marries Linton
- Fragmented social identity - Catherine Earnshaw, Heathcliff and Linton
- Struggles between Culture and Nature
- Violent and often throws tantrums
1 of 4
- 'She was much to fond of Heathcliff'
- 'It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff'
- 'He's more myself than i am, whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same'
- 'I am heathcliff'
- 'You and Edgar have broken my heart..you ahve killed me'
- 'If ive done wrong, im dying for it...Forgive me!'
- 'My love for linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, im well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath:a source of little visible delight, but necessary'
2 of 4
- Social outsider - class and skin colour
- Degraded by Hindley
- Regularly compared to an animal
- Regularly presented as a devil
- Fueled by revenge
- Extreme temper
3 of 4
- 'Rough as a saw edge and hard as a whinstone'
- 'I wish i had light hair and fair skin..and had a chance of being as rich as he will be!'
- 'I forgive what you have dne to me. i love my murderer-but yours! How can i!'
- 'Be with me always-take any form-drive me mad!..I cannot live without my life! i cannot live without my soul!'
- 'Cathy, this lamb of yours threaten like a bull'
- Existence after losing her would be hell'
4 of 4
Similar English Literature resources: