- Created by: lyds28
- Created on: 07-03-19 09:23
Wundt's role in the development of psychology
- Opened the first ever psychological lab in Leipzig, Germany in 1879.
- Was the first person to seperate psychology from philosophy - is known as the "founding father of psychology".
- He tried to make it scientific - had controlled conditions and used the same stimulus everytime (such as ticking metronome).
- Promoted the use of introspection as a way of studying mental processes.
- Introspection - systematic analysis of own conscious experience of a stimulus.
- An experience was analysed in terms of its component parts e.g. sensations, emotional reaction etc.
- His work paved the way for later controlled research and the study of mental processes e.g. by cognitive psychologists.
1 of 1