- Created by: Joe gates
- Created on: 28-02-11 17:35
Writing to Inform
When writing to Inform your main purpose is to convey to your reader certain information as clearly and effectively as possible.
What to do/use
- Use clear and straightfoward language.
- Base your ideas on facts. But do add opinions
- Cover ther same points repetitively.
- Get straight to the point.
- Structure your ideas logically.
Always make sure you refer back to the audience and purpose of your essay keep refering back to the question.
Informative language should emphasise the dramatic and important parts but present your facts clearly.
Informative writing Part II
- Identify your audience, read the question carefully.
- Plan ahead by listing all the points you wish to use
- Put those points in order of use
- Decide on the level of detail you are going to use on each point
- Plan how you are going to present your essay
- Make sure the information can be clearly understood
Writing to Explain
Your main purpose when writing to explain is to make something clear to your reader and to convey this information as effectively as possible.
EXplaining will normally adress the questions: What?why?how?
What to do/use
- Clearly and Logically structure your writing.
- Make sure your writing is concise.
- Use detail.
- present it visually in a form that is easy to understand.
- ANSWER THE KEY QUESTIONS
Writing to Explain Part II
- Make sure you are aware of what the task involves.
- Know what the purpose and audience of the writing is.
- Underline or highlight any key words/phrases.
- Write down the ideas that you are going to use.
- Put them in the order that you are going to deal with them.
- Make sure you explain your points clearly.
Writing to Describe
Your main aim is to create a picture with words so that your reader can imagine vividly the scene,person.situation etc.
- Use your own ideas from people,situations,experiences .
- Senses ARE key to creating a good description. ALL OF THEM.
- Imagery, such as similies and metaphors.
- Wide range of vocab