- Created by: Alice Auton
- Created on: 25-04-13 21:52
- Total population globally is 7.1 billion
- China has the greatest population with 1295 million people ! Second is India
- Smallest is Holy Sea
- Population growth is more rapid in LEDC's
- Population growth in MEDC's is slowly declining
1 of 4
- In 2003 Europe and North America made up 17% of global population. In 2050 this is expected to be 12%
- Fertility in LEDCs will decrease and in MEDCs it will increase
2 of 4
- European countries, Canada, USA & Japan are ageing like never before.
- By 2050 10% rise in over 60s will occur in these countries and there will be a drop in economically active.
- Only 12% of the UK population is 10years or under, in 1821 it was 27%.
- By 2020 over half the UK population will be 50.
3 of 4
- In Africa, Latin America, Middle East & South East Asia 90% of the worlds under 15s live here and they have the highest birth rates.
- In 2050 these countries will not be able to provide employment or further education for all who seek it.
4 of 4