- Created by: Gemma
- Created on: 22-01-10 18:49
- West Coast, USA.
- Geophysical hazards.
- Transform plate boundary.
- San Andreas Fault.
- Pacific Plate and North American Plate.
Examples of hazards in California:
- Earthquakes (E.g. San Fransisco 1906 - 7.8 richter scale).
- Landslides - Made worse by building on hills and more storms.
- Forest Fires - Dry summers increases risk of these.
1 of 2
- Located in South East Asia.
- Hazards - Geophysical and Hydro-meteorological.
- Small islands are more vulnerable to storms and floods.
- Destructive plate boundary - Eurasian plate & Indo-Australian plate.
- Storms, flooding and hurricanes particularly focused on Luzon (North Island).
- Volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis and landslides focused on Luzon and South-East Island.
- Manila observatory located on Luzon (looks at damage limitation, seismology etc.)
2 of 2
Similar Geography resources: