Working Model of Memory Questions
1) Who was it created by?
2) What are the 4 parts of the model?
3) Explain each part?
4) Give two advantages of the model?
5) give two disadvantages of the model?
Working Model of Memory Answers
1) Baddeley and Hitch
2) Central executive, Articilatory loop, Primary acoustic store and Visio- spatial sketchpad
3) Central executive – Controls the whole system
Articilatory loop – stores information of an acoustic form for a short period of time
Primary Acoustic Store – Holds and receives auditory info
Visio-spatial sketchpad – visual and spatial information
4) Capable of doing more than one task at a time & PET scans show 4 different areas if the brain are active during different STM processing
5) We no little about the central executive the capacity has never been measured & much evidence of the working model comes from laboratory experiments rather than real life situations so it lacks ecological validity.