- Created by: laauren_jaames
- Created on: 10-05-15 16:20
- Sexual intercourse is wrong unless it happens within a marriage.
- God intended men and women to live together as married couples but not to live together outside of marriage.
- Sexual intercourse is a gift from Allah (God) and therefore can only take place within a married relationship.
- Marriage places a responsibility on both the husband and the wife to meet eachothers sexual needs.
- Roman catholic church says 'That the use of contraception is against natural law".
- Protestant churches see the use of contraception within marriage as a responsible way of planning a family.
- Conraception is seen as going against the teachings of the Qur'an/
- Contraception can be used if:
-The mothers health is threatened
-There is a chance of the child being born disabled
-The family are too poor to bring up a child.
- Marriage is a gift from God; its part of Gods plan of creation.. That men and women should live together.
- It provides support for husband and wife with a relationship built on love and faithfulness.
- seucure environment to bring up a child.
- Encourages people to marry and not lead celibate lives.
Celibate: abstaining from marriage and sexual relations, typically for religious reasons.
- Gay and lesibian relationships are forbindden by Muslims as of the strict rule of sexual intercourse happening between Husband and Wife.
- Some Muslim lawyers argue that it is a crime which should be punished by death.
- the Torah states "Do not lie with a male as one lies with a women; it is abhorrence". Leviticus 18:22.
- However.. many progressive Jews think now that this teaching needs to be looked at again, and are willing to accept homosexual couples into the Jewish community.
- Divoce is allowed but is seen as the last resort.
- Muslims understand that marriages can sometimes break down. As a legal contract between two people can end.
- if marriage is brining unhappiness to peoples lives then divorce is allowed.
- if reconciliation doesn't work then divorce can take place.
Reconciliation: the restoration of friendly relations.
- Jewish marriages are intended to be for life, but its accepted that somethings dont work out.
- Couples are told to try and reconcil their differences.. if this fails divorce mayb be turned to as a last resort.
- Takes place in a church.
- Delclarations: the couple make their promises in front of God that they will love, comfort, honour and protect their partner as long as they both shall live.
- Vows: They write they vows to one another.
- The couple exchange rings.
- Prayers are said for the couple. They may include the prayer for the gift of children, but this is optional.
- Readings are sermon: Readings froms the Bible and the minister gives a sermon.
- Takes place at home or in a mosque, The Muslims place of worship, and the couple give their consent before a minimum of two witnesses.
- Their marriage contract (Aqd Nikah) is read and the bride and groom sign three copies of it to show they have agreed to marriage.
- During the ceremony there are readings from the Qur'an and the people present pray for the couple wishing them wealth, long life and children.