- Created by: Majid
- Created on: 28-12-12 23:18
Witness Appeal - Evaluation (2)
Whilst the lack of ecological validity is the main evaluation point, other issues to consider include...
- Sample = usually students so lacks generalisability. As they may be gaining course credit, they may also show demand characteristics e.g. Pickel used a student sample
- Usefulness of research - It does help us to understand the ways in which juried can be persuaded (and therefore prevent it from happening) as only the actual trial evidence should influence a jury’s decision.
- Ethical - This is the only way that research can be conducted into jury processes
- Independent measures design - Strengths – removes demand characteristics so they aren’t influenced by the researcher and won’t hinder the amount of GV’s. - Weakness as it depends on what sort of person you are, as it’ll affect the likeliness of a GV. - You can’t control participant variables – some of them could be criminals in the sample
1 of 1