- Created by: Fiona S
- Created on: 03-03-15 17:29
- The war caused unemployment. Over 100,000 soldiers had no jobs to go to.
- Farmers made profits during WWI. They sold produce to Great Britain and France. When they overproduced prices dropped and many went bankrupt.
- 4 million people went on strike because of being poor and lack of jobs. These strikers included The Boston Police.
1 of 3
- Soldiers returned from the war and told horror stories.
- Radical groups blamed immigrants on American problems. This lead to the Red Scare (communism).
- There were 100 different nationalities, so they didn't feel it was right to fight around the world against their original country.
- Society was fragmented, America felt they should on their own problems.
2 of 3
- WWI made people question whether or not they wanted to help other countries.
- Woodrow Wilson wanted to be more involved in the League of Nations and the 14 point plan. He believed in Idealism --> perfection.
- Warren Harding wanted America to "return to normalcy".
- He was supported by Republicans such as Henry Cabot Lodge.
- Harding won the election.
3 of 3