Russia in 1855: what problems did the Tsar face?
- Crimean war - showed the need for urgent reform.
- Undeveloped in comparison to other countries.
- Serfs formed the mass of the military - lack of skill and motivation.
- Outdated techniques.
- Transport block led to a lack of communication.
- Tsar was very reliant on the land owners for control and communication.
- Serfdom prevented the growth of Russian industrialisation.
- Transport blocked for the majority of the year - weather.
- 80% of the population were serfs
- Hierarchacel structure
- Multitude of lamguages and religions - difficult to appease and communicate to everyone.
1 of 1