- Created by: elliemarie2001
- Created on: 28-04-18 15:46
What are Learning Theories in Psychology?
- Learning theories examine the effects of environmental processes (nurture) in the shaping of behaviour.
- Learning theories state that we are born as a blank slate "tabula rasa" and look at the impact of experience on our behaviour.
- Learning theories focus on learning through consequences (operant conditioning), association (classical conditioning) and observation and imitation (social learning theory)
- Learning theories believe that scientific methods of study are important to establish a cause and effect via observable phenomena.
- Learning theories often study animals in order to extrapolate findings to humans to indicate the basic premise on which we behave.
1 of 1