Three Phases of the Weimar Constitution
Set up in 1919, the Weimar Government went through three key stages before it's downfall
#1919 - 1923 problematic, people didn't like the government and disagreed with the conditions and laws
#1923 - 1929prosperous, problems settled down, people began respecting the government more
# 1929 - 1933 the republic finally fell apart due to opposition and pressure.
Why Did Hitler Come To Power 1933?
- Long term bitterness about Versailles
- Ineffective Weimar Constitution
- Money from wealthy businessmen
- Strength of propaganda
- Programme appealed to all, inclusive
- Attack and suppression of opposition parties
- Ability to exploit the economic depression
- Recruited by Hindenberg
How Did the NSDAP Control the German People?
= One Party State
How Did Hitler Reorganise the Party 1924-1928?
> Set up fanatical personal bodyguards (SS)
> Took over right wing parties
> Set up Hitler Youth
> Goebbels developed propaganda
> Gained the support of wealthy businessmen
(Businessmen saw Hitler as a safeguard against Communism)