How is rainwater is converter to tap water?
1. Rain water is collected and stored in a reservoir
2. The solid particles settle at the bottom of the water ( sedimentation )
3. The water is filtered to remove the solid particles
4. Chlorine is added to kill the bacteria and germs
5. The clean water is then stored and sent to homes
Domestic uses of water?
The problems associated with getting drinking wate
- A lot of energy is used to create the high pressure needed to filter the water
- The process is very expensive
- The desalination factories produce green house gases
- The salt that is removed has to be disposed of carefully