- Created by: ria_needs_to_revisemore
- Created on: 07-11-18 11:46
Global distribution of water stores.
1) Hydrosphere: Liquid water storage.
- 96.5% all water on Earth// impacts include; runoff & precipitation (input)// evaporation moves the water <ocean to Atmosphere>.
- Impacts: minimal short term affects// long term climatic changes; e..g Ice age.
2) Cryopshere: Ice storage.
- 1.7% water// impacts include; precipitation via snow & outputs via ice melt.// Stores e.g. Greenland ice sheets, polar sea ice.
- Impacts: Ice coverage chnages= minimal changes// ice ages= storage increases & warmer seasons = storage reduces.
Global water stores:
3) Lithosphere-Bedrock storage:
- 1.7%// storage capcity is low- holds water the longest// water from; <lithosphere-Underground aquifers> slow process// years.
- Water stores; Pores/joints in rocks/ bedding plane- Years.
4) Atmosphere- Atmospheric moisture stores:
- 0.001%// water via evaporation moves// temporary store via water vapour & condensation, released via precipitation.
& Transpiration via plants = released water vapour into the atmosphere.