- Created by: Dania
- Created on: 05-05-13 12:22
Reasons King John was seen as a bad king.
- He was not a good warrior and lost many wars against France.
- John gave top jobs to forigners but kings were expected to give top jobs to barons.
- He tried to make barons pay extra taxes to pay for war with france
- Kings were expected to support the church but King John argued with the Pope. the pope then ordered all priests to go on strike. the church remained closed for 5 years.
- King John ordered that Jews should not be harmed but the church detested Jews and so he was seen as a bad king.
1 of 2
Reasons King John was seen as a good king
- He won wars against Wales, Scotland and Ireland even though he lost wars against France.
- He tried to be a good king
- He visited all parts of england to help the poor, widows and orphans.
2 of 2