Here are a few facts about the person who made this decade so famous:
- She was born on the 24th May in London at Kensington Palace.
- Victoria revealed later on in her life that she didn't have the best time growing up as her mother was particularly protective meaning Victoria was always under a watchful eye and unable to have the fun that all children deserve.
- When Victoria came to the throne she asked if her first name which she had been christened with (Alexandrina) could be dropped to just Victoria.
- She came to the throne at the age of eighteen.
- Victoria's predecessor (the person who ruled before her) was William IV who was also Victoria's uncle.
- In the year 1840 she married Prince Albert.
- She had nine children.
1 of 2
- Victoria lived with her family at Osborne house which was situated on the ISle of Wight.
- Here in her house she encouraged her children to take care of a bit of land in order to give them a sense of responsibility.
- She helped Britian become a much larger empire.
- In 1877 she became the 'Empress of India'.
- Sadly in 1861 her husband Prince Albert died and Victoria went into mourning.
- As a result of her husband's death she was seen less and often refused attending public events that she would be asked to go to.
- She celebrated both her golden and diamond jubilee.
- Her coronation took place on the 28th June 1838.
- She reigned over Britian for 63 years and 7 months. This is at the moment the longest a Britian Monarch has ever ruled for.
2 of 2
Similar English Literature resources: