Size of group
- Conformity increases when size of group increases.
- Once the group reaches 4-5 people there is little change.
- Optimal group size is counted as 4.
1 of 4
Non-conforming role model
- When one person from the group gave a different answer from the others, conformity dropped.
- The presence of just one confederate that goes against the majority can reduce conformity by 80%.
2 of 4
Difficulty of task
- When comparison lines were more similar, and the lengths were harder to tell apart, conformity increased.
- When uncertain, we look for others for conformation.
3 of 4
Giving answers in private
- Conformity dropped when the participant could write their answer down.
- Less chance of looking wrong in front of others.
4 of 4