- Created by: hollywootton
- Created on: 01-06-15 20:14
Variation (Organisms of the same spicies have diff
- Different spieces look different
- Even organisms of the same spiecies have slight differences
- people for example have diffrent coloured hair, noses and a variety of heights.
- These differences between speices are called variation
- the two types of variation are : Genetic variation and Enviromental variation
Vairiation (Different genes cause genetic variatio
- All plants and animals have some what similar characteristics to their parents.
- This is because an organisms characteristics are determind by the genes inherited from parents
- genes are like codes in your cells that control how you are made
- Genes are passed to your sex cells (gametes) which the offspring delevop from.
- Most animals (and a few plants) get some genes from the mother and some genes from the father.
- This combining of genes from two parents causes genetic variation
- no two of the species are genetically identical
- Some characteristics are determind only by genes
- In animals these include:
Variation (Characteristics are also influenced by
- Enviroment that organisms grow and live in also causes differences between members of the same speicies
- This is called enviromental variation
- Enviromental variation includes a wide range of differences:
getting a suntan,
loosing your toes somehow OR
having yellow leaves (for example)
- Enviromental variation is just any difference that has been caused by the conditions something lives in
Variation (Green plants)
A plant grown on a nice sunny windowsill would grown luscious and green
Variation (Dead plants)
The same plant grown in the darkness would grow tall ans spindly and its leaves would turn a yellowy-brown. These are both ENVIROMENTAL VARITATIONS
Variation (Genes and Enviroment)
MOST VARIATION IS DUE TO GENES AND THE ENVIROMENT
- Most characteriststics (Body weight, height, skin colour, condition of teeth etc.) are determind by a mixture of genetics and enviromental factors!!!!!
The maximum height that an animal or plant COULD grown to is determind by its GENES
But weather it ACTUALLY grows that tall depends on it's enviroment (How much food they get etc.)