- wanted to develop a new market for developers and visitors
- 'doncaster earth center'- built on a formwer colliery site
- to bring interest into a deprived area.
- cost 60million and was largely funded my millenuim lotteryto promote sustainable living
- in a pheriphial area which had a poor transport system
- due to this, there was a lack of visitors which resulted in the center not bing able to fund itsself any longer
- as this was was only one of the strategies that took place, , there was a lack of overall interest in the area and this resulted in its closure in 2004.
1 of 2
- hosting the student common wealth games
- when the event took place, tourists numbers increased.
- when it ended, tourist number declines again.
- the stadium cost a lot of money to be built, and it is now suffering a huge financial crisis as they try to pay off the debt of the stadium and it is no longer in use
2 of 2