Pro-Life Christians DISAGREE
except in extreme situations
1) COMMANDMENT - breaks commandment not to kill
2) SANCTITY OF LIFE - ends life, life should be treasured and preserved
3) NEIGHBOUR - Jesus tought importance of loving one's neighbour - including unborn defensive neighbour. Killing = not loving.
ADOPTION - loving alternative
4) GOD - only G decides when human life begins and ends - not humans.
DOCTORS are playing G.
Christian believe human life begins at CONCEPTION because the BIBLE says God knows us and has a PLAN for us even when we are in the womb.
Abortion breaks the COMMANDMENT not to kill and the SANCTITY OF LIFE
Pro-Choice Christians AGREE
though do not encourage it
1) COMMANDMENT - does not break.
2) SANTITY - does not go againts.
-------> BECAUSE embryo is not human. A set of cells with the POTENTIAL to be human.
3) NEIGHBOUR - Love they neighbour
- Save the life of the mother/ prevent physical mental pain
- Baby is wanted and loved
- Prevent baby being born with serious handicap
Abortion seem like a loving thing to do
- DOCTORS are doing Gods will - children wanted and loved
- GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to control her own body
- EMBRYO is not human utill brain waves are detected