The early periodic table
THE EARLY PERIODIC TABLE
1 of 2
- First suggestions from John Daltion, arranged elements in order of mass.
- John newlands built on Daltons ideas with law of ocatves - every eighth element seemed similar.
- John had many mistakes- he assumed every elemnt had been found (even though new ones kept turning up)
- Filled in all the gaps regardless of the fact some elements werent similar at all.
- Even put 2 elements in the same place - other sceintists dfidnt accept this
- In 1869 Mendleev left gaps and arranged elements in order of mass.
- Other scienttists did almost the exact same - reliable.
2 of 2