Christian Beliefs - salvation from sin
Christian beliefs about salvation from sin
- WIthout it, a persons sins would prevent them having a relationship with God
- Only way a person can have eternal life
- Reason why God became man
- Explains why the sacraments and mass are at the heart of Christian life
Christian Beliefs - Love of God
Love of God affects Christians lives
- Weekly Mass
- Other sacraments
- Christan life
- Greatest commandment
- Living life that God wants
- Response to how God has loved his people
- Church teachings
How it affects Christian lives
- Abilites and talents as God intended
- Respect towards Gods creation
- Follow rules set by God
- Make the most of vocations given
Christian Beliefs - Love of others
Teachings on the Love of others
Meaning: - Strong and as endless as it is for ones self. - Important to God. - What God wants from christians
Importance: - Commandment. - Gods will. - Not easy.
The parable of the Good Samaritan:
Meaning: - Show love to everyone. - Show love for Enemy. - For ill or less well off it could mean life or death. - What God wants.
Importance: - Person neighbour is everyone. - What God wants. - Reassures Christians. - neighbour is anyone - whatever their race or religion.
The parable of the Sheep and Goats.
Meaning: - Show love for others. - By showing this your showing love of God. - what God wants.
Importance: - Teaches it shows love of God. - Caring for thoes people who are hungry, thirsty, strangers. - Loving your neighbour is important. - reward for showing love to those who are suffering. - those who dont help will be punished.