- Created by: moorl194.311
- Created on: 08-10-18 10:22
A1 - Motivation
Internal energy force that determines all aspects of our behaviour; it also impacts on how we think, feel and interact with others.
- Self worth
A1 - Motivation (Ex + A)
- Too hard
- Too easy
Signs of low motivation - Lack of desire to train as much as you should, less than 100% in training, skipping or shortening training or effort that is inconsistant with your goals.
A2 - Achievement Goal Theory
Task Orientated Goals:
- Not to worry about the outcome
- Leads to mastery over the task skill
- Success in meeting the task orientated goals is measured by:
1) How well the individual mastered the task.
2) How much of a self-improvement is made.
3) How proficient the skills and abilities were.
- Task orientated goals can be achieved regardless of whether or not the person has come first or last place in the race, or won or lost a game (Elliot, 2005)
Ego Orientated Goals:
- Primary motivation for action in persuing ego orientated goals is to be better than others.
- Fuelled by competition.