Is the hairlouse incident an effective way to intr
- The economic climate
- How well looked after the children are
- How this links in later in the book eg Mayella Ewell.
How are Miss Caroline's teaching methods different
- Catering for the needs of the individuals
- Encouragement given
Why did Nathan Radley fill in the nuthole?
- Is he doing this out of spite?
- Is he trying to protect Boo?
- Does he like the interaction with the children? Why?
What does the gift of a camellia from Mrs Dubose t
- Why did Jem have to start reading to Mrs Dubose?
- What is the significance of it being white? Think purity vs racism.
- What does is symbolise for Mrs Dubose? Think about her addiciton and what it took to overcome and beat it. Think about how this links into the story. Think about prejudice.