A tissue is a group of cells that have a similar
structure and function.
- Muscle tissue contracts so we can move
- Glandular tissue produce substances such as enzymes and hormones
- Epithelial tissue covers organs
ORGANS ARE MADE OF TISSUE.
For Example, the stomach is an organ that contains:
- Muscle tissue
- Glandular tissue
- Epithelial tissue
ORGANS SYSTEMS ARE GROUPS OF ORGANS.
They carry out a particular function
For example the digestive system includes:
- Glands, such as pancreas and salivary glands, that produce digestive juices
- The stomach and small intestine where digesyion takes place
- The liver, which produces bile to help break down fats
- The small intestine, where the soluble food is absorbed into the blood.
- The large intensine, where water is aborsbed from undigested foods, producing faeces.
Plant Organs include:
Plants Tissues include:
- Epidermal tissues, that cover the plant
- Mesophyll, where photosynthesis takes place
- Xylem and Pholem that transport substances around the plant