Three Gorges Dam- Political Impacts
- Gives Chinese Governement the image of power as a world player because its technically advanced.
- Government actively tried to reduce the environmental impacts:
- To reduce pollution on the Yangtze River, more than 1,600 factories have been shut down in the area of the dam.
- Alloted $1.3 billion to geologically stabilise.
- Government forced 1.3 million people to relocate.
- The "model cities" the Chinese government planned to build for those relocated, are unrealistic and too expensive.
1 of 1
Similar Geography resources: