Negatives, for the three Gorges dam
- Thousands of people living in the area of fertile farmland which will be flooded by the water behind the dam have been displaced and moved to large cities.
- The lake will silt up in 50 years and flooding control will become more difficult
- 1.4 million people have lost their homes
- Was built on fault lines in an earthquake zone
- The 1.4 million people that lost their homes
- The fishing communities who either lose their stock or reduced both behind the dam and downstream
- The communities downstream protected from flooding have less available water for irrigation of rice fields.
1 of 1