Believing in God
If someone is brought up in a Christian family they will believe in God from the beggining of their life.
What could lead to believing in God:
- Taken to Church to worship God with their parents
- Taught to pray to God everyday
- Will go to Sunday school to learn about God
- May go to a religious school
- Celebrate religious festivals such as Christmas and Easter
Would be natural to believe in God as all the people close to them believe
- A NUMINOUS feeling- for example when you are in a holy building and feel God's presense. Or you could even be looking up at the stars and feel that something is greater than you.
- A feeling of God's presence could also lead you to CONVERT to Christianity.
- A MIRACLE, something which seems to break the laws of science and makes you think that only God could have done this.
- PRAYER- an attempt to contact God usually through words.
Any of these experiences are bound to lead the person to believe in God
Xtian attitudes Design and Causation
Everything has a cause or explanation, therefore the universe must have one. Only God could be the cause of the Universe, therefore he must exist.
Evidence that the world seems to be designed;
- the way the universe works according to scientific laws such as gravity
- the way the complex mechanism of the eye has a design and allows people to see
Some people may not believe in God
Agnosticism- Not being sure if God exists
Athiest- Believing that God does not exist
- Scientific explanations => these days Sciences explains the world and universe much better than religion. Discoveries into Space..where could God be?
- Evil and Suffering happening in the world to innocent people: why would he make some people suffer and others not?
- Unanswered prayers, feeling God is not connecting with yo