- Created by: Dana
- Created on: 08-02-12 18:59
Where is it?
- North-West of the world.
- West of the United Kingdom.
- Below Canada and above Mexico.
The Physical and Natural Features
- Deserts And Valleys:
e.g. Central Valley; The Painted Desert
e.g. Lake George; Great Salt Lake
- Mountain Ranges:
e.g. Mount Evans; Lassen Peak
e.g. The Bighorn River; The Alabama River
The Human Features
- Empire State Building - New York City
- Statue Of Liberty - New York City
- Lincoln Memorial - Washington DC
What Is a Stereotype And What Are The Stereotypes
- A steryotype is what a large group of people label another group of people by what they look like rather than knowing them personally.
- The steryotypes of the USA, are normally that they eat lots and are quite fat. They also are labelled as lazy.
The Oceans Around The USA
- North Atlantic Ocean
- Pacific Ocean
Similarities between the USA and UK
- same language
Differences Between The USA and UK
- The Goverment: The USA goverment don't agree how the UK goverment run the country
- USA = President
- UK = Queen
How Do You Know That The USA Is An MEDC?
- There isn't very much poverty
- The goverment have a large tax base
- Most of the people have good jobs and make quite a lot of money
What Are Some Differences Between The USA And Keny
- 11.2 times more likely to have HIV/AIDS in Kenya
- die 19.42 years earlier in Kenya
- make 96.55% less money in Kenya
- 4.3 times more chance of being unemployed in Kenya
Three Development Indicators That We Can Use To Co
- Birth Rate -
UK: 13 children per 1000 people per year
USA: 15 children per 1000 people per year
UK: 58.3 million
USA: 268.3 million
- Food Costs
What Major Disaster Affected San Francisco? Why Di
- The Bay Bridge Earthquake
- Techtonic plates rubbed together and movement forces waves of energy to come to the earth's surface.
Why Does Los Angeles Have A Pollution Problem?
- Smog is cause by photochemical reactions in the air
- Los Angeles must have different chemicals in their air which causes smog.
How Does The Climate Of An Area Affect What Lives/
- If the place is cold, the animals will eventually adapt to it, but if they are taken there suddenly, they will probably not adapt very well
- Some plants will probably not live for very long in freezing or really hot temperatures as they arent used to it.
Drawing And Reading Climate Graphs
Comparing The USA To An LEDC
- Different amounts of money spent on different things
- Lifstyle differences