- Created by: KieranEricShaw
- Created on: 12-05-15 14:37
FRG & GDR
- Those former Nazi concentration camps which were preserved as memorial sites within the FRG emphasised the extent of anti-Semetic persecution under Nazism.
- A scheme of compensation payments was set up for Jewish survivors of the holocaust.
- Those former Nazi concentration camps which were preserved within the GDR were presented as memorials to 'anti-facist freedom fighters'. They emphasised the persecution of communists under Nazism.
- The GDR did give jews an additional pension allowance but it was less than that received by those classified as 'facist-resistance fighters'.
1 of 1