The Role of Marketing
The purpose of marketing is to:
- help raise awareness of products and services to offer.
- help raise the organisations profile in the market
- encourage customers to purchase
- target new customers and retain existing ones
- allow the organisation to know what the customers want
- assist with the monitoring changing tastes and trends in the market
- allow the organisation to meet its strategic objectives which could include:
1. to increase or maximise profit.
2. to increase market share.
3. to extend the life of the current brand.
4. to become the market leader.
Diffrent Business's Objectives That Marketing Help
Different types of organisations have different strategic objectives, which marketing helps to achieve. for example:
- a local authority may want to increase public use of certian facilities.
- a charity may want to increase donations or raise awareness of the plight of others.
- the police may want to raise awareness of certian campaigns and reduce crime figures.
- a private sector business may want to increase profitability by making customers aware of new products or services being sold.