God gave humans a purpose
- Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you said the Lord. Plans to bring you hope and a future"
- Genesis 1:28 "Be fruitful and increase in number" "Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground"
- Psalm 8 "You appointed him ruler over everything you made"
- Stewardship idea
- Aristotles 4 causes, final cause is to have a fellowship with God (Eudaimonia)
- Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you"
- Roman Catholic denomination follow the five primary precepts developed by Aquinas from Aristotle's 4 causes:
D-defend the innocent
1 of 2
God did not give humans a purpose
- Why would we have free will if we had a purpose? it would mean we probably wouldn't achieve the purpose set by God
- Atheists see a purpose to life but not through God
- Evil exists in the world so God could not have been a perfect creator giving everyone all loving purposes
- Humanists- We are just flesh and bones, there is no God and we can do what we choose to
- Existentialists- We exist to live as we want to
- Criminals,diseases, poverty etc - If there was one set purpose then shouldn't we all know it?
- Scientists -The Big Bang Theory and Evolution dissprove one purpose, we are here by chance
2 of 2