The Periodic Table
- A Russian scientist called Dimitri Mendeleev designed the Periodic Table
- The elements are arranged in order of increasing atomic number. This means elements with simlar properties are in the same column or group.
- The elements are also split into metals and non-metals.
- The metal elements are found on the left-hand side of the table and more than 3/4s of the elements are metals
- The non-metals are found on the right-hand side of the table and less than 1/4 of the elements are non-metals
- During a chemical reaction new substances are made
- The cheamicals present at the start of the reaction are called the reactants
- The new substances made by the reaction are called the products
1 of 1