What is the Mass Media?
- The Mass Media is a type of communication from a small amount of producers to consumers
- This is done orally, visually or written
- Examples of the Mass Media are, television, cinema, newspapers and magazines
- The BBC produces T.V programmes which are seen by millions of people
1 of 3
What is New Media?
- New media also known has digital media
- Examples of new media are CD's, DVD's, Computers, internet and mobile phones
- New media has been developed for the past 30 years
- New media has been devloped and it is not controlled by one institution
- There has been transformations in old media for example there is digital TV now and image manipulation software
2 of 3
What is said about the Mass Media?
- Marshall McLuhan has said that we inhabit a 'global village'
- A Global Village is where ideas, images and prodcuts can be communicated in an instant
- But most of what we know is filtered by the media
3 of 3