The Treaty of the More, 1525
- peace between England and France
- renewed French pension for Henry -- £21,000 p.a.
- reversal of previous alliance with Spain
1 of 2
Alliances with France
- 1526 Treaty of Madrid: Francis freed by Charles V, his sons going to Spain instead of him
- 1526: League of Cognac -- anti-imperial league formed by Francis, but with Henry its "protector"
- 1527: Anglo French Perpetual Peace against Charles V
- Mary to marry a son of Francis, more pension for Henry, Charles to pay his debts to England
One main reason for Henry's friendliness with France was due to his growing obsession with French-raised Anne Boleyn.
2 of 2