1 of 5
- Appointed to comand the British troops.
- At the time Religion and his staff, were blamed by the press for the suffering of British soilders.
- His failings to give content or leave his role lead to a number of mistakes.
2 of 5
- Made comander of the calvary division.
- Commanded the light brigade-- the arguments with the other commander is what people blame the losses on.
- Fired, but recalled and brought back March 1855
3 of 5
Earl of Cardigan
- Lead the charge of the light Brigade.
- Cost the lives of 107 out of 674 people.
- He refused to listen to instinct and carried on anyway.
- Thought that he only surrvied because the fled.
- Missed the Battle of Inkermen
4 of 5
William Howard Russell
- Lead to the creditation of Flourence nightengale.
- Many refused to speak to him.
- First to show what the war was acutally like.
5 of 5
Similar History resources: